Monday, May 18, 2015

Happy Birthday, Mom!


Happy Birthday to one of the most beautiful people in my life, my mother! In case anyone who is reading this has forgotten, my mother is AH-mazing! If you need reminding, you can read about her amazingness in my previous birthday posts here, here, and here

My mom just had a knee replacement surgery. She is currently at home resting and recovering. I Skyped with her and Dad last night and she's doing well. She's nailing her exercises prescribed by the physiotherapist and she is up and hobbling along with a walker. She's feeling good and excited for the future and what is to come with her new knee. I wish nothing more for her than a complete change in her quality of life! 

I think one of my favourite qualities about my mother is that she is the BEST listener. And this is great news for someone like me who loves to talk. She listens to me rant. She listens to me rave. She listens to me vent. She listens to me ramble. She listens to my problems. She listens to my successes. After she finishes listening, she always comes back with the most sound advice, whether I want to hear it or not. She comforts me with her words, and that's something I'm so grateful for living on the other side of the world. I am so thankful to know that when I need her, she's always there for me. And I hope she knows I'd do the same for her in a minute!

Mom, I hope you have a fabulous birthday and you are spoiled immensely! Enjoy your lobster dinner (especially before I get home!). I'm sending you lots of love and hugs on your day. 

See you in 49 days. Love you, always and forever! 


No comments:

Post a Comment