Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Happy Birthday, Brad!

Today is my "little" brother's 21st birthday. HIS 21ST BIRTHDAY! I remember very clearly writing a blog post for him one year ago in disbelief that he was turning 20. We were finally back in the same decade again. Then BOOM! Another year come and gone. And now, as I sit in my room in Beijing ending the day in which he is just beginning, I'm feeling nostalgic. I'm feeling proud. I'm full of love. 


Now, last year I wrote a list of things that I loved so much about you and our relationship. And I know how much you love me being all sentimental (sarcasm...), but I just want you to know how much I love you. I've learned a lot about you and our relationship over the last year of being away. And I am continued to be amazed at how much you've grown, how I've grown, and how we have grown as a family. Brad, you are a remarkable human being. Your "laid-back-ness" can drive me INSANE, and your ability to get under my skin is irritating in itself. All that aside though, I know you would bend over backwards for your family, friends, and loved ones in an instant. You put others before yourself time and time again (though you can be very sarcastic about it!). And you find the humour in small things. You know how to lighten the mood and let go of the little things. You have taught me a lot (though I don't think I have ever told you that until now, nor would you even understand it fully). You bring out the best in people and your determination is admirable. I think what I am trying to say, and what I want you to always remember is that I am so proud of you and to be able to call you my brother. I love you, always and forever. 

Have an amazing birthday, brother bear. Wishing you all the best and sending you much love from China! xoxo 

PS - Though it may be an unattractive picture, it's my favourite :)

No comments:

Post a Comment