Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Happy Birthday, Dad!

Today is a special day in our family. Today is my Dad's birthday! Last year, I wrote a blog post on his day that shared with everyone why my Dad is the best Dad in the entire world: click here. On your birthday Dad, I want to remind you how much you are loved and cherished in our little family.


- Part of your charm is your willingness to help anyone at anytime. You put so many people ahead of yourself and you just have an innate ability to fix almost any problem. You'er my superman! 

- My stressy-self needs a calm, cool, and collective mentor to keep me on track. You are that person for me. When I get all "the world is ending because stuff isn't going the way I planned," you step in and take action. You remind me of the simple solutions and get my head out of the sky. You're my superman! 

- Laughter is the best medicine, and you are my supplier. Sometimes I wonder where you get some of the stuff you come up with - never change. You're my superman! 

- Thank you for giving me such an awesome childhood to look back on. The memories I have of growing up in small town New Brunswick involve you a lot of the time. Singing Michael Jackson's "Jam" to your own lyrics ("Jam! I love my toast and jam. Give me my toast and jam!"), camping at Jellystone park, teaching me how to drive (and how to parallel park INCORRECTLY! but now we both know haha!), Boris the spider, oh the memories! 

- PS: did I mention you're my superman? Well, you are! Thanks for digging me out of so so so many holes. 

Happy Birthday, Dad! I'm so happy I get to be home to help you celebrate your 51st year. I'll miss you terribly while I'm on my adventure in China, but I wouldn't have had the courage and strength to commit to such a feat if it weren't for your support and encouragement. Thank you. 

Love you, always and forever! 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Melissa for the kind words! I love you very much!

    ReplyDelete