Thursday, May 23, 2013

Realizations: A Real Life Teacher.

I don't know how I feel about this. I know I've had this thought before, but for some reason it really resonated with me today as I went about my business. I mean, the whole reason I went to school was to have this career path. So how come today it all of a sudden hit me with a furious punch? Am I a "bad person" for not getting as excited about this aspect of my new adventure until now? Not gonna lie, slight disappointment on my part. Or am I being too hard on myself?

But yes, I'm going to China. Every once in a while I stop in my tracks and pause: Melissa, you're going to China and that's a pretty big deal! But today, my thoughts were in a different place:

....

Melissa, you're going to be a teacher. And I smiled. My own classroom. My own students. My own lesson plans. Goosebumps.

A real life teacher. That's me!

1 comment: