Saturday, May 18, 2013

Happy Birthday, Mom!

Today is my Mom's birthday! This will be the first time I haven't been able to spend her birthday with her and it makes me a bit sad. But I know that she will be surrounded by the people that she loves on her day and that makes me happy because I know she'll be treated like a queen! Only a short 43 days separates our reunion - and I can't wait!

Mom, last year for your birthday I wrote a blog post and in it shared some of the reasons why I love you to the moon and back: click here. Of course all of those still apply today, but I would like to add some more this year...

-- you learned how to quilt and made me your very first one. I will treasure it always.

-- when I came to you and dad and expressed my interest in teaching overseas, you were nothing but supportive and encouraging and you continue to be while you help me out with the finer details of this big move.

-- when I came home for Christmas you asked what special home cooked meals I wanted AND you cooked them. Meatloaf and lasagna - yum! Your cooking skills impressed me :)

-- you still give the best hugs ever! Our reunion at the airport at Christmas time was my favourite hug!

-- when I couldn't fit everything into my suitcase when moving to Alberta and coming back after Christmas, you packed box after box and mailed them to me - and you always made sure to pack an extra little treat for me (mmm, chocolate chip cookies!)

-- you always give such sound and practical advice. You help keep me level headed, which I most definitely need sometimes.

I hope you have an amazing birthday, Mom! I'm there in spirit, and sending you lots of love from the west on your special day.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment