Sunday, February 17, 2013

Triumphs.

On November 17th, 2012 I joined Weight Watchers. As of February 13th, 2013 I have officially lost 23lbs. I promised myself that when I hit my 10% weight loss goal I would write a blog post update of my weight loss journey. So here it is!

August, 2012.
February, 2013.
When I started this journey three months ago, I promised myself I would lose 60lbs in a year. I would say I'm right on track! The biggest thing I've learned while being on this program is that portion control means everything. With Weight Watchers, you can still eat what you want it's just about controlling how much of it you're eating at one time. Are you craving a piece of pizza tonight? Then eat it!! But instead of eating the whole box, just have one or two slices. Seems like a simple concept, but when you've been battling with over eating for a while, it doesn't come so easy. And yes, there are times when I have caved and I just can't help myself - but most of the time I follow the simple guidelines.

My diet has changed a lot! I eat way more fresh fruits and vegetables now and I find I have way more energy. Again, it seems like a simple concept but it never had occurred to me before until now.

When I announced at the meeting on Wednesday that I hit my 10% goal, I was awarded with this keychain.

I then had to stand up in front of the group and tell them why I thought I was succeeding. My response? Having the support of my family and friends constantly. I really couldn't do it without them. And the people at the meetings give me all kinds of new ideas and support all of my decisions. I have tried to lose weight on my own before and most the time I fail or just quit. This time is different though. It's amazing what a support system can do!

And now I look ahead. A little less than 40 pounds to go. I'll be sure to update you again soon!

1 comment:

  1. You look amazing! I am so proud of you and happy for you!

    ReplyDelete