Wednesday, October 31, 2012

I'm Coming Home.

Last week was a week of tickets. The good kind.

On the radio last week here in Calgary they announced that Maroon 5 would be playing at the Saddledome in March. SAY WHAT!? I immediately broke the news to Andrea and Jenny and told them that I was going and that they should join. Unfortunately, by the time we decided to sit down and buy tickets, the show was sold out. Sad days. But alas, kijiji saved us and we were able to buy tickets from someone who bought them in bulk. HAPPY DAYS! Mmm. Adam Levine, I'll see you in March!

AND...my favourite ticket from last week....

My plane ticket. It's official! I'm coming home for Christmas. An expensive trip, but well worth it. I can't imagine NOT going home for Christmas. I'm so thankful to have this opportunity, and beyond excited for my trip home. 

Things on my to-do list when I come home: 

- visit my loving and supportive family 

- visit my amazing friends whom I miss immensely! 

- go on a bumble (or two, or three..) 

- Snooty Fox (and other charming gathering places in Freddy)

- Sleepover at Sara's (with junk food, cheesy movies, hugs, tears, laughter, and sharing stories)

- Relish date with Kate 

- visit campus 

- Coffee and Friends with Kathryn 

- Sleepover at Grandmom's 

- Lunches at Grammy's 

- girl talks with Mom 

- laughter, wine, and food with Dad 

- visit Grandad 

There is so much more I'm probably not including in this list, but if I write anymore I'm gonna cry out of happiness. Because when I write this list, I remember how much I'm loved and how much I love. I watched Ellen today (like I do everyday!), and she said something that really stuck with me. I can't remember it word for word, but it was along the lines of this: 

"I believe there is nothing more important in life than love. To be loved, to know how to love, and to give love are the most important things and all that matters. It's a beautiful thing." - Ellen DeGeneres

To sum it up, I can't wait to go home! 

2 comments:

  1. I made it to the list!!! Can't freakin' wait!!! Dates?!?

    -kate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO happy for you! I will be living vicariously through you! Promise you'll eat some delicious food for me and tell everyone I said hi and maybe yell happily in STU's courtyard? Drink a Tim Hortons coffee for me, too!

    ReplyDelete