Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Happy Birthday, Brad!

Today is my "little" brother's 20th birthday. I use quotations when I say little because ever since he was about the age of 12 he's always been bigger then me. In fact, sometimes he gets credit for being the oldest sibling. False! Also, when did my brother grow up? I can't believe he is 20. We are back in the same decade again. 


Brad, I just wanted to write this little blog post to wish you the happiest of birthdays. It's been a pleasure and an honour to watch you grow up. I know that we didn't always get along, but I want you to know how much I cherish our relationship and how important you are to me. Can't imagine a world without a Big Brad in it. So in "Melissa Birthday Blog Post Tradition," here are just a few reasons why I think I'm the luckiest sister ever to have such a great little brother like you (don't blush!): 


- You put up with my cheesiness (sort of). When I try and do something special for family, or try to be all sentimental on ya, you are patient and take it in stride (even if you poke fun of me afterwards). 

- You make me laugh. Whether it's pulling a funny face when I try to a get sibling photo or doing something completely random and foolish out of no where, you make me shake my head and wonder how you got such a unique sense of humour (I think our Dad has something to do with it). 

- When I ask to borrow your precious car to teach a friend to drive standard, you don't hesitate to say yes. This reminds me that you'll always have my back. 

- I know that I can confide in you, and it warms my heart that I know you trust to confide in me. 

- When I had my little break down before moving to Calgary, you were the one to remind me that family is always there and that I am loved. For me, this was a big step in our sibling relationship. 

I'm proud of you, Brad and everything you've accomplished in your 20 years. It breaks my heart a little bit that I'm not in NB to witness your final year of Junior hockey. I know you'll do great and I am so looking forward to seeing what step you'll take next in this big world. 

Happy Birthday! Love you. 

1 comment:

  1. I can hear you saying, "False!" haha

    Happy birthday, Brad!

    ReplyDelete