Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Last Week.

Last week was a fantastic week filled with friends. Everyday had something to look forward to. Then the weekend saw some bonding with family. I feel so relaxed and at peace these days, which is a nice change from the usual stress and anxiety.

Wednesday should be called "Roommate-day!" My roommates and I went out for supper to Whopper Wednesday at Burger King. It was Nadine's first time eating there - which shocked the rest of us and was ultimately the motivation for us going (besides cheap Whoppers). Afterwards Nadine, Amanda, and I went to see Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close


Talent. Pure talent. 


Thursday I went skating with my friend Jenny. This was her second time on the ice and she was determined to learn how to stop. This was also the first time I've been on the ice since last winter. My thighs were SO sore for about 3 days, but I loved every minute of being on the ice. Note to self: future blogpost about my skating "career."

Robynne, Jenny, and I. 
Friday was my friend Robynne's birthday. I met Robynne through schooling this year, and I consider myself very lucky to have such a fun spirited and lovely girl in my life. For her birthday we went out for supper at possibly my favourite restaurant in the city: The Snooty Fox. Afterwards, we had a much needed fun gathering at Jenny's and then went out dancing. This didn't help the pain in my thighs, but it was so much fun! Prior to going out dancing, Robynne, Jenny, and I had a foolish photo shoot wearing matching bright red lipstick. Here's a sample:


Another fantastic perk about last Friday: Hey Rosetta! announced their concert date for the city and Sara and I purchased our tickets!! SO EXCITED!! This will be the 4th time I've seen them, and they never get old :)

Saturday I headed off to spend the rest of the weekend with my Grandmom. We did a lot of my favourite things while I was there. We bottled the batch of wine she so generously purchased for me, ran some errands, had a fantastic homemade supper of ribs, baked potatoes, coleslaw, then ice cream for dessert (I always here my Grandad say "I've never turned down an ice cream" in my head whenever Grandmom offers ice cream for dessert). We finished the evening sitting in front of the tv and watching The Notebook. Grandmom had never seen it, and I warned her that there would be a lot of tears at the end, but I think she (and I) enjoyed every minute of it nonetheless.
NOTE: new pet peeve that came out of this moving watching - when television stations cut out vital parts of movies.

Sunday Grandmom and I went out for breakfast at Cora's then met up with my mom and dad to watch my brother play hockey. I try to see my brother play as often as I can because I'm so proud that he is following his heart and doing what he loves while he can. When I came home, friends were just finishing up Sunday supper and we all sat down with a drink in hand and watched the Super Bowl (GO GIANTS!)

Breakfast at Cora's. Yum-o!
Last week, thanks to a heads up from Amanda, I started the "February Photo A Day Challenge" from fat mum slim.



Each day has a photo mission. All you have to do is a take a picture that fits in the realm of the category and post it to Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr, or  your favourite social media site. Here's a look at my photos from the first 5 days of the challenge:



2 comments:

  1. You had such a fun and eventful week.

    I can't wait to see Hey Rosetta in March! This will be the third time that we have seen them together.

    ReplyDelete