Thursday, October 20, 2011

Someday

For as long as I can remember, I've always dreamt of taking a trip to Italy - Venice in particular. I just know from hearing other's experiences and doing research that the city of Venice would fit my persona and lifestyle so well.



I have a poster hanging in my room of the Rialto Bridge in Venice, Italy (like that pictured above). I use it as motivation and a reminder to live each day like there is no other. You only have one life to live, so live it the best way that you can.

I remember about two year agos, my friend Katelin and I came up with this brilliant idea to save up our dollars and take a Euro trip. We would hit up London, England for Wimbledon: go to Somerset, England for Glastonbury; Venice, Italy to fulfill all my dreams; and maybe just for kicks travel to Greece for the architecture and beautiful scenery. The moral of the story is that we wanted to experience as much as we could and live life to the fullest. Well, you can probably gather where this is going…the trip never happened. Actually, when I think back, I don't recall it being brought up more then 3 or 4 times. I often sit and wonder what would have happened and how my life would be different if we had taken our outlandish suggestions a bit more seriously… (no regrets!)

My dreams and ambitions to travel to Italy still remain. In fact, as I sit and type this, I would love to pack a bag and set off on an adventure of a lifetime. I often hear of friends and acquaintances travelling and seeing what the world has to offer. Why can't I be one of those people?

So here I am, declaring to you that in the next 5 years I will live my dreams and travel through Europe. I will become one of those people who can just pack up and go, living day to day. I'm young, not tied down, and after I'm done school I have no serious education or job commitments. Just those darn ol' student loans - ugh.

**For those of you reading this, remind me that I posted this to the world wide web for all to see - then maybe I'll take these large goals and ambitions a little bit more seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment